- Are you someone who needs a cheerleader, who supports and cheers you on by saying, "Come on, you can do it" from the sidelines?
- Are you someone who needs someone to hold your hand and walk with you side by side, reminding you that, "You can handle whatever comes your way; you have all you need?"
- Are you someone who needs someone to wave you forward and say to you, "Come on you can do it, keep it up, you're almost there?"
- Are you someone who needs someone to nudge you from the back and say, "You need to move forward and now is a good time."
- Are you someone who needs someone to push you forward or as I mentioned in a past blog post push you into, so you can finally get in and make a change?
- Are you someone who doesn't really listen to the supportive people around you, and needs to feel a lot of emotional pain before you're convinced, you need to move or change?
- Are you someone who doesn't change until someone else changes or decides something and the effect of that persons change, causes your movement by default?
At different times, with different issues, we may have experienced several of these scenarios or ones like them. Each of us, have times in our lives, when we need a helping hand. We may need someone to cheer us on, someone to believe in us, someone to understand how hard it is to change especially if we are distressed, hesitant, or fearful. Sometimes friends and family are just who we need help and support us. But sometimes friends and family are too close to the problem, may be enabling us to stay stuck, may not truly understand, may not be able to give us what we need to create a change, or maybe part of the issue we are struggling with. In these situations, often professional help is something that can be extremely beneficial. A therapist can be your number one support person, your biggest advocate and supporter, while being your personal cheerleader. Knowing when you need to seek therapy is a strength. Seeking and receiving support through your life's most difficult moments takes courage and it is something you can do to help and support yourself. If what I am describing to you, is where you are at, what is stopping you from reaching out? Listen to your inner voice...is now the time?